Get to know our history and how our movement has been helping children for over a century! Get acquainted with the members of our Board of Directors and our agency’s team. Finally, track our yearly accomplishments thanks to our annual reports.
Our history in Greater Montreal
- 1903 – The movement starts in the United-States.
- 1913 – The movement begins in Canada.
- 1975 – The Greater Montreal agency is founded. Back then, the agency only provided matches for boys.
- 1980 – The Greater Montreal agency starts offering matches for girls through the Big Sister program. The same year, it becomes affiliated with United Way.
- 1985 – On April 18th, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Montreal celebrates their 10th anniversary with a Charity Diner at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel. The large-scale event welcomes several high-profile personalities, including then-mayor Jean Drapeau, Guy Lafleur, Sylvie Bernier, Jean-Pierre Ferland and, finally, the Prime Minister of Canada, Pierre-Eliott Trudeau.
- 1989 – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Montreal partners with the Prometheus Project and merges in 1992. The In-School mentoring program still exists today and matches close to 150 children every year, in over 25 partner schools.
- 1998 – The Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Montreal Foundation is created to help finance the agency’s development.
- 2013 – The national Big Brothers Big Sisters movement celebrates 100 years in Canada. Over 33,000 children and teens have been helped since the inception of the movement.
- 2015 – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Montreal moves into new facilities in the Hochelaga-Maisonneuve area. The fresh start allows the team to update and upgrade their services.
- 2019 – Big Brothers Big Sisters is reinventing itself and adopting a new look. We have adopted a cooler style, a new image and a new approach.
- Currently – Our agency employs approximately 15 people and offers services to over 1,600 youths every year.
|Maxime Bergeron Laurencelle||Executive Director|
|Marine Papin||Deputy Executive Director|
|Sylvain Chaleteix||Marketing and Communications Director|
|Juliette Jannin||Philanthropic development Director|
|Angela Ripolo||Clinical Programs Coordinator|
|Lyne Charron||Administrative Assistant|
|Charlotte Lemieux||Mentoring Coordinator|
|Crystal Alexander||Mentoring Coordinator|
|Guillaume Tremblay||Mentoring Coordinator|
|France Chaput||Mentoring Coordinator|
|Marianne Narbey||Mentoring Coordinator|
|Omar Mustafa||Mentoring Coordinator|
|Ornella Tshisekedi||Mentoring Coordinator|
|Saidul Miah||Mentoring Coordinator|
|Veronique Belanger||Mentoring Coordinator|
|Zoe Jacques||Mentoring Coordinator|
Board of Directors
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
eStruxture Data Centers
Bank of Montreal
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.